Saturday, May 26, 2012

Seafood Stuffing.. Sort Of

I don't know about you but I love seafood. I mean L-O-V-E. Especially lobster, steamed to perfection and dipped in garlic butter...mmmm... okay I'm gonna stop now before I need a moment alone. Anyway, one day I got it in my head that I was going to make stuffed lobster tails.... for a random weeknight dinner.... when I had never made it before.... because that's just how I roll. Like most people in the digital era I hopped on line for a good recipe. Every single recipe I found for stuffing seafood had crab, or shrimp, or a combination of crab and shrimp. I was already having lobster tail, I didn't want to stuff it full of more shellfish.. it would have been like a Turducken of the sea. So off went the computer and off I went to the kitchen to come up with one of my own with stuff I already had. Oh My Goddess! It was freaking amazing, and has stuck with me ever since, and here it is for you to try on your own.

Ingredients:
  • 6 Tbsp Butter
  • 1/8 Tsp paprika
  • 1/2 a large Onion, minced
  • 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbsp Sherry
  • 2 Carrots, minced
  • 4 large Mushrooms, minced
  • 1 stock Celery, minced
  • Juice of 1 Lemon
  • 1/2 Cup Bread crumbs
  • 1/4 Cup Parmesan
Directions:
  1. Combine vegetables, butter, and paprika. Cook over medium heat until veggies are tender.
  2. Add bread crumbs, Parmesan, sherry, and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
  3. Remove from heat add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Use to stuff seafood, chicken, or pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment