Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chores and Lunch

In the midst of packing our belongings I've come across some of my valuables that I haven't seen in years. One item in particular was the stand for our wedding flutes. It's silver and needless to say it was horrendously tarnished. So I popped on to the Internet and looked up how to remove tarnish. I found two pages, both of which gave the same information. I am far too impatient to both A: wait for it to soak and B: go around setting up my soaking station, so I came up with my own method.

  1. Mix 2-3 Tbsp Baking Soda with just enough hot water to make a paste.
  2. With an old toothbrush or a cleaning rag rub the paste into the tarnished silver.
  3. Watch as the tarnish disappears!
  4. Rinse with warm water and dry.
Seriously it is that easy, no lining a pan with tinfoil, no boiling water, no waiting impatiently as it soaks.

On another note, have you looked at the bottom of the page to see the other great blogs I recommend? Gluten-Free Redhead is a must. I urge you as soon as you are done reading this go to her blog and look up her post about hummus. With my silver polishing done I treated myself to a bowl of her hummus and a toasted bagel cut into dippable chunks. Can you say amazing! Just thinking about how good it was makes me want to go grab a spoonful of it.

So that was my day, polishing silver, delicious hummus, anxiously awaiting hubby to come home tonight and looking up stuff on container gardening. This will be my very first garden that is all my own. Any tips or tricks from you Green Witch's out there? If so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment